Friday, November 26, 2010

'Dr Dalai Lama' defends Islam


By: Vatsala Shrangi







The Tibetan spiritual guru was conferred an honorary doctorate at Jamia

Addressing the students and faculty members of Jamia Millia Islamia at the occasion of its Annual Convocation on Tuesday, His Holiness The Dalai Lama stood up in defence of Islam, terming it as one of the most important religions on the planet.


Pic/Imtiyaz khan

The University apart from handing over degrees and gold medals to the students, conferred the degree of Doctor of Letters to His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama. Wearing his traditional drape and a bright red convocation robe, he started off the address in his native language to be translated to English after he finished a part of it. However, the translated version of his introductory address did not satisfy this Tibetan spiritual leader.

"I would try my luck with broken English only. Please excuse me if I mistakenly use some wrong words. I hope to convey my message even if it has to be wrong English," said The Dalai Lama.

No comments:

ALQURAN & RECITATION

Quran Explorer - [Sura : 1, Verse : 1 - 7]